Saturday, September 18, 2010

God Will Provide

It has now been over a month since I have graduated the difficulties of nursing school. And no, it wasn't easy. Not like anything in life is ever really easy because in everything we do, we always have to start somewhere. And that somewhere is taking those "baby steps".

Therefore, I feel like I am an infant. I have been brought into the beautiful world of adulthood, I have taken my first breath, I have opened my adolescent eyes to something bigger, something breath-taking. But then I feel that between my adolecent/ beginning adult years have some what clashed together and I don't know how to simply explain it. When people ask me, "What do you do for a living?" I can only say that I am a graduate nurse. I am not a "real" nurse (yet). Well, why?Because I have to pay hundreds of dollars into taking a test that will license me, to prove to this world, that I am capable of taking care of the sick. Now, that's all fine and dandy. But it gets depressing and disappointing.

Because...

(1) I have always been told, that you will ALWAYS have a job. Because this is a field that is needed of workers. Well the disappointing part of the "ALWAYS" statement is that it is false. It is very difficult to find a job. Unless you live in the metroplex, then there is a slight chance of hope that your white tennis shoe might get into the door of nursing. But other than that...nope. You better pray that someone gets fired pretty soon, so you can have their spot. And though this might not be completely accurate, in my world, well...that is how I see it. It is one vicious cycle, and hopefully you are the lucky winner.

(2)I am scared that I will fail my boards.

Now, I believe that God has brought me through this, so I will not fail. Because though every test, clinical, final. And when I was on the verge of failing, My God who is so great, helped me through in many ways that it almost seemed impossible. So, my fear of not passing seems ridiculous. But I am human, I am not perfect. So I get afaid. But all in all my God will provide.

So...pretty mucht there is not much to say. Except that it can be very depressing entering the adult world, But God is faithful and he always waiting to help in every turn, bump and scratch. Because there is that peaceful valley up ahead and I know that I will be able to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love