Monday, June 7, 2010

How deep the Father's Love for us

Perfection: The quality or state of being perfect; a state of completeness and flawlessness

In our lives, we can never gain perfection. In my life I wish I could in some way come close to grasping it, but I fail everytime. We all do. I seem to find myself looking for ways to improve myself, whether it's the way I look, how I do in school, at the hospital, and where I seem to fail so many times more...my walk with the Lord. If there was an easy road to gain perfection, I can't seem to find it. And I never will. The only thing that will bring me close to even cross paths with "perfection" is the holy word. We are to be "Christ-like" and Being in that likeness, and trying to live our lives the way our Savior walked, we come closer to living that way. But in his perfection, I still marvel at the love that he has for us. Because of my Savior, I can live the life I live today. Though I fail him many times, he is still there waiting with arms wide open, and is always willing to bring me back to the place where I belong and that is His will. Though I desire with all my heart to serve my Savior, the one who laid down his life for me, the one who paid my ransom. I never deserved in any way his love and his mercy, And by his wonderful grace, I am saved, and I am forever his. In my life I want to be perfect, not for selfish gains, but to be perfect in the eyes of my Savior and Lord. But knowing that if I delight myself in him and I desire to know more of Him and meditate in his law, he will grant me my desires and though I will never be perfect, my Savior still loves me and he will bless me.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that helf Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I knoww that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast inJesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love