Tuesday, August 11, 2009

As a wonderful summer is drawing to a close...

It's been so long again. That I have posted on my blog, I think I'm having a hard time write now just sitting and typing on the computer. LOL

So I think the last time I posted something on here was before we left for camp. So I will try to pack in my summer in this post. We'll after coming home from my trip from El Paso, I started teaching my first Sunday School class (4th-6th grade girls), and it's been 1 month and a week since I've started, and it is such a blessing to teach those young ladies about the Lord and how good he is in our lives. I know that even at 18, I still don't have the knowledge to teach these girls everything, because even I am learning myself, but even the little things have become a blessing to me, I was so nervous that none of the girls would memorize there verses, bring their folders, or just plain out think I'm boring or something Haha :) But week after week these young ladies seem to impress me more and more every time I see them. We just got done with a big lesson on keeping a pure heart and life and my prayer is that they would consider living that pure life for the Lord and for themselves until he provides them with someone wonderful that God intended for them. So for this next yr. before Bible college, it is my prayer that I will be a blessing and example to these girls.

CAMPPPPPP :D

Wow. So much to say for a looooong week :) The preaching was phenomenal from Bro. Jason Gaddis and Bro. Kenny Baldwin they were messages that I needed in my life. At 18 I find it difficult to just stay patient. And most teenagers are. Just staying in the will of the Lord and just to keep falling in love with him and developing my walk with him is very important right now, than finding something else that is just temporary. And I pray that the Lord will give me the patience that I need because I know that the end results will be wonderful. Because our God is good.

My birthday fell at camp again this year...and I am so blessed to have wonderful friends that love me :) Mrs. Toni made me a zinger cake (Twinkie) haha that was in the shape of an '18' and it was cute, I love all my kids on my bus route and they made that day special as well as giving me hugs saying happy birthday, ect... I feel horrible now thinking I had a sour attitude earlier that morning. and I apologize but thank you for making it a wonderful birthday :)

Camp is just a wonderful experience and I wish to say I was going again next year, but school is very important right now. ( I start on the 24th...pretty excited and nervous) but maybe the Lord will provide a way.

This past week we came back from youth confrence and I can say that I have never been so worn out before than when I came back. I went to the College and Career session and the lessons were about marriage and communication, but I felt so awkward in there because I'm not used to being around people my age (or a little older) in a class (besides school...but public school is so much different, than being surrounded with people that want to serve the Lord) my mom asked if I was going to feel that way when I go to Heartland next year and I said probably but I know that it's going to be a wonderful experience.

Also, before we left we had a men's tour group from West Coast Baptist College come through called Sound Doctrine and they were amazing :) It's such a blessing hearing songs that just comfort you. Music has a very powerful influence because I know that I have trouble with it before, but taking the trash out and replacing it with Good godly music soothes the soul and just gives you that spiritual boost when you hear a song that can help you through a trial.

Just like this song I'm listening to right now with a group called Witness! from Heartland Baptist Bible college.... We love to sing the music

"Song's that will point you to an old rugged cross, some with a message that is clear, we're not singing for a claim, we just love lifting Jesus name, We love to sing the music God loves to hear... "

So my fingers are hurting right now lol but this will bring my summer to an end, I register for classes next week and I wish you all a wonderful rest of the summer :D

Bye :)

***And this post is dedicated to the wonderful Mrs. Toni Vinson, whose Birthday is today :) and I just want to say thank you for being a wonderful friend, counselor, and a second mother too me :) You have done so much for me and I thank you for every thing you have done. :)

Love you oh so very much,
Vivi

When you move to Nebraska,u guy's won't be there for long, because I will come kidnap ya'll and then I figure out something at that time then...lol *cues the music from the Wizard of Oz* muhahahahahahahhaaaa lol

Happy Birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love