Friday, February 6, 2009

For my Good and For his Glory


"For my Good and For His Glory" - In my life today I look around and almost I am surrounded daily around wordly things, whether it is in school, shopping, even on the computer, I am filled with temptations and discouragement. But then I have to remind myself that I have a Lord Jesus Christ who loves me and died for my sins that all he ask's for me to do is to spread his word and be a living testimony for him. For my Good and For his Glory is a song that has touched my heart and my life, that it is an encouragement for me everytime I hear the song, because I know that if I live my life for Jesus Christ that it is for my good and for his glory. Here are the lyrics.


I must admit I don't understand,
Why God would let me face this painful circumstance,
All I have to cling to is His word and His name,
But that's enough so I will trust
Chorus: It's for my good and for his glory,
This trial's not the end of the story,
There's a bigger picture God alone can see,
It will take me through this sorrow
For I know he hold tommorow,
And he assures me, it's for my good and for His Glory
I love the Lord and he has promised me,
He'll work all things for good,
through my tears I believe, that his ways are higher than any of my own,
and though my heart aches,
He makes no mistake
Chorus.
Though I would not have chosen the suffering that has come,
I'm willing now to say,
'Lord not my will but thine be done'
Chorus.


This song has touched me so many times, I just always remember that though sometimes I may be facing a trial, or may be discouraged that he is always there and that He loves me, no matter what I have done.
My name is Vivana Hayhurst and I am seventeen years old, and live in Wichita Falls, TX, I was born in El Paso, TX (in which I miss living there all the time) and am a blood-washed born again Christian. I was saved in Oct. 2006 I was 14 and it was the first time our church and youth department held our first Extreme Night (which was a Friday Night activity to bring in teens around the city to have fun and hear the word of God) I can remember that I was almost not allowed to go that night, because I got in trouble in school that day (I don't rememeber what happened specificly, but I think they were about my grades) Right now I believe that it was Satan who did not want me going that night but finally I was allowed to go.
I was raised in church all my life and thought that I was saved at a young age, but as time progressed I began to doubt about my salvation, to me I thought we'll I'm in church and doing everything I can for the Lord but I felt a void in my life. I remember going to my old youth pastor and talking to him, but I quickly drew away and made myself believe that I was saved. But finally on that glorious day, The Lord forgave me of my sins and now I have eternal life with him forever more.
When I was twelve years old I made a commitment that changed my life, At Triple S Christian Ranch, it was my first year going to chuch camp and I surrendered my life to the Mission Field, and gave up my worldly ways. But let me tell you that when I came home I was 'fired' up to serve the Lord and then was torn down. At times my family and friends in school didn't understand my decisions, and I struggled with my walk with the Lord, because I soon to realize something about myself is that I do whatever I can to please people, and though I know that in the Bible we are not supposed to serve man but the Lord, I had my struggles.

But I always remember this verse:

The Lord is my light and my
salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the
strength of my life; of whom shall
I be afraid?

I am so thankful that the Lord saw fit to save me and give me things that I know that I don't deserve I thank him for giving me a family, a loving church, and friends to always be there when I need them. I hope that this is a blessing to you and whoever reads this. This is not all that goes on in my life but they are the BIG parts that made me who I am today.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this. It was an encouragement to me today. I have three daughters, 6, 4, and 2 years old and I pray the Lord will save them someday. Thanks for sharing your story here briefly.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love